Friday, September 12, 2014

Game Plan.

Sports. Sporty. Not exactly words you would associate with me. I've never looked at sports attire with enthusiasm aside from bomber jackets, university jackets, etc. (Jackets are a certain obsession of mine. Oh, the unfairness of it.) and the occasional sneakers. Maybe it's because growing up, we haven't exactly been exposed to examples of sporty chic that's been all the rage these days. Sportswear really didn't grab you like they do now. We just never thought we could elevate it to another level.  Well, how wrong we were. Just look at the recent flux of sportswear inspired chicness on runways. It's enticing a girl to change her mind. 

I still haven't really tried it. But here is Fanatics.com, a.k.a online sports apparel heaven, a.k.a the mother ship of online sports apparel. Go to their site and you'll know what I mean. Reminds me of that phrase, anything for the team! They have given me that nudge to at least explore my options. I am to choose a baseball hat from their MLB hats page and build a game day outfit since the baseball season is ongoing. Over 4,000 hat choices! You're sure to find something to show support for your team! (And a really cool accessory.) Let's not forget the other apparels you may want to have. (And probably should have.)

You may have already guessed though, I haven't got any favorite team or know anything about baseball but I couldn't pass up the challenge. It's still a lot of fun, dreaming up outfits and maybe imagining myself cheering with the crowd for my team. And getting to do it in style! Fashion and team spirit, a very exciting combination.

So anyways, here's what I came up with. I chose a Boston Red Sox scarlet hat. It's coz I love the vividness of its color. And also, I gravitate towards black and white (so it's no surprise I came up with this ensemble) so the scarlet would really complement them.



Game Plan.
Vera Moda collared crop top, Been Trill bomber jacket, H&M elastic waist shorts, Ash footwear, Alexander McQueen black crossbody purse, Frye black jewelry, LØMO ear cuff, Rare London sunnies 

Comfort is also what's on my mind as I came up with this ensemble. It's important to be able to move around. Shorts and comfortable shoes. A bomber jacket (Fave!), of course, that can't not be part of the outfit. Accessorizing (I can't not do it), but keeping it simple. And there you go.

Okay, I couldn't help it. I had to do another game day ensemble. (This is a bit addicting.) My second hat choice is a simple black New York Yankees fitted hat. 



Game Day.

Bouchra Jarrar layered collar vest, Modekungen tank top, H&M sweatpants, Fay 1 high heels, Alexander Wang envelope bag, Oliver Bonas sunnies, Michael Kors watch, Boohoo rings, Shaun Leane earrings
 
This ensemble is more on the chic side. Who says sweatpants can't be chic? I've wanted to try pairing sweatpants with heels. This gives me the push to try it even once. If I were a fan, I'd wear the number of my favorite player. I'm sure it's just not me. It's a great way to show support, yeah? I am also obsessed with vests so I feel like topping the look off with a long vest to keep it chic. I know I picked heels which might be a bit impractical but with a chunky heel I think it's okay. 

There are still so many hats that can go with so many outfits on Fanatics.com's hat page! Go check them out!
 
After this challenge, it really made me realize the reach and influence fashion has on our world these days. I'm sure before, not many will even think about dressing up for a game. Like dress up dress up. Jeans and t-shirt were just fine. But these days, it's a bit more different. And I like it. I'm one who loves dressing up always. So, yay for that! But still, in the end, it's all about what you like and want to wear. Sometimes the lines are all blurred because everyone's so manic about OOTDs. But you're dressing for you, not for them. 

We should all remember that.

And so I end this post. I had fun!

No comments: